Saturday 23 April 2011

Night Walker




 Night Walker

I missed the bus and swore last night:

Then forced to walk a mile or two,

I cursed the rain - bemoaned my plight

But soon my thoughts all turned to you.

You'd envy me that walk, I know -

To gladly breathe the sharp night air;

You'd gaze up at the moon's bright glow,

Cold raindrops running though your hair.

You'd marvel at the twinkle of a star

And splash in every muddy puddle

You'd not complain, the walk's too far

Or say your life's a bloody muddle.

But where you are the night's forbidden

The moon and stars are out of bounds

Even daytime skies are tightly hidden

Where metallic clanks of keys resound.

We never knew what freedom meant

Until it was cruelly snatched away;

We'll live our lives and be content,

Some day again - I hope and pray.

*

If you have enjoyed this poem please click on the following link to leave feedback:

 http://www.helium.com/items/1659693-poetry-last-night

No comments:

Post a Comment