Monday 2 May 2011

Oh where. oh where....

Oh, Where Oh, Where...

 I’ll open a drawer and what do I see?
Lots of odd socks and they’re laughing at me.
I’ll try to sort them but it takes all day -
There’s just got to be an easier way.
Oh, where oh, where can their partners be?
Under the bed there’s another three.
The washer’s devoured them - it must be so.
Or up the Hoover they surely do go.
Looks like I could easily fill a box
Right to the top with all these odd socks.
There’s long ones and short ones, old and new
It’s all too much like hard work for me – phew!
There’s striped ones, spotty ones, red and green
But matching pairs are nowhere to be seen.
All day long I’ll toil and then soon it’s night -
Next time I buy socks they are gonna be white!

 
If you have enjoyed this poem please click on the link below and leave feedback if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment