Sunday 1 May 2011

Sands of Sentiment

Sands of Sentiment

Come walk a golden mile with me
And gaze upon a sunlit sea;
We'll search for shells along the shore
And I'll love you forever more.


We'll jump the waves and splash about
The sands of time are running out;
When walls and distance separate
Though loving you will be my fate.


We'll stroll across the sandy bay
The sea is calling you today
Things anew we'll soon discover
Here I know, we could be lovers.


Don't run and hide - he can't follow
You're still safe until tomorrow
Then going back will test our love
And I will pray to God above.


Don't you forget when you were free,
You walked a golden mile with me.
Those times are gone and now it's sad;
Did we cherish what we once had?




If you have enjoyed this poem please click on the link below and leave feedback:

No comments:

Post a Comment